Booking Procedure for Bareboat Charters:
- Below you can find the booking procedure in every step till the day you charter. Once you send your request,you will soon receive a reply email with our detailed offer as per current charter availabilities.
- Once you inform us that you are interested in a specific model from our offer, we will place an option on the Yacht for a few days in order to secure availability and give you the time to discuss with your Crew all needed details and make your final decision.
- In Greece, in order to charter a yacht by yourself you will definitely need to have any kind of sailing license in order to get the authorization from the port police. But in case you want to hire a skipper there is no need for you to have any license.
- As soon as you send us in written the Booking Confirmation, we will prepare and send you the Charter Contract as well as the Payment Details. At this time we also require your full contact details.
- Within a week time we request the Charter Contract signed and returned to us as well as the Advanced Payment, 50% of the total Charter fees. From the moment we receive the pre mentioned, your booking is 100% secured in our System. You may process payment via bank transfer by using one of the below Bank Accounts or with credit card via our website at http://www.seafarer.gr/e-commerce Just have in mind that in case you pay via credit card, a surcharge of 1,4%-3,5% (depending on the bank) will be required due to bank expenses.
George Orphanos -Seafarer Sailing Ltd.
155 branch Eden Mare, Greece, Poseidon’s Ave. 73, 17562, Swift code: CRBAGRAAXXX
IBAN : GR 52 0140 1550 1890 0200 2001 406 or
George Orphanos, BLZ 20111 /WIEN 1130, Swift code: GIBAATWWXXX
EUR IBAN a/c AT 3820 1112 9543 809 400
- From this moment and on we will provide you a full service for your Sailing holidays, so you may contact us anytime for any further specification or extra services you may need.
Taxi or Mini Bus transfer to the marina and vice versa, hotel reservation, car rental, ferry tickets, super market/shopping for your charter, any kind of information about visiting Greece etc. Each case is unique, so just contact us and we will advise accordingly!
- One month prior embarkation, you will receive an email reminding you the Balance Payment of your charter. Payment options remain the same as on advanced payment which are already mentioned above.
Along with this email we will send you/request the following information needed:
- Base Information containing all contact details.
- Crew List Form will also be forwarded to you and we would kindly ask you to send it back to us fulfilled.
- A copy of the Skipper’s Sailing License as well as one of the Co-skipper’s if available, and you must bring with you the original ones on the day of yourIf there is no Co-Skipper license available, you will fulfill an Official Statement upon your arrival in order to get embarkation authorization from the Port Police Authorities.
Furthermore we will ask you to inform us about your exact arrival time as well as a mobile number that will be valid in Greece and if you need transfer from the Airport to the Marina.
In case you want us to do Provisioning for you, we will in time provide you with a shopping list which you will have to fulfill and we will send your order to the Super Market. Your shopping will be delivered directly to your Yacht upon your arrival and you will have to pay in cash upon delivery!
- On Embarkation day, as per Contract, you can start the check in procedure at 17:00. In case the Yacht is ready earlier we will offer her, but we can never promise in advance.
Before the check in procedure, you will meet us at the base, as per the information document we have sent you, in order to make the needed Paper work for Embarkation Authorization.
There you will have to sign 5 copies of your Charter Contract which is needed for the Port Police Authorities. We will keep your Sailing Licenses (as apart from the copies, the original ones are needed for the Port Police) and we will return them to you after your check in procedure is finalized.
Furthermore, we will require the Refundable Deposit amount as agreed upon Booking Confirmation.
VISA, MASTERCARD & AMERICAN EXPRESS is accepted in all bases. This amount will be blocked on your credit card for the Charter duration period and will be released when the Yacht is returned back to her base with no damages caused.
In case you would like the Non Refundable Deposit, then please inform us upon booking confirmation and we will issue an Insurance Contract for you. In this case, upon you arrival, you will have to pay the agreed amount in cash. This amount is not refunded no matter if the Yacht has damages or not.
It’s up to each client’s will to choose between the above Deposit options.
- After all the paper work is completed, we will arrange for you a free of charge transfer to the Supermarket so as you may buy the provisions you need for starting your trip. Skipper and Co-Skipper remains at the Marina and we will lead them to the Yacht where the check in procedure will take place. We always insist on focusing on the procedure and try to solve any question you may have regarding the Yacht’s equipment and her functions so as you minimize the options of facing difficulties while sailing.
- The final step is to provide you with a mobile number where you may contact us 24 hours long in case of any problem while your Sailing trip. You will then fulfill an Acceptance Statement for the condition of the Yacht. There you may state any comments you have regarding the service we have provided so far.
- The check out is arranged for Saturday (or any day as per contract) at 09:00 in the morning, provided that you will be back at the Marina max by Friday (the day before your check out day) at 18:00 in the afternoon. We kindly ask you to inform us via telephone call for your approximate arrival time so that we can arrange the Technician Team to be alert and help you moor the Yacht.
- Return time max by 17:00 the day before your check out day is a “must” as we need it to be daylight so that our Team can technically check the Yacht.
- Ending with, you will fulfill a Redelivery Statement which is the feedback from the Yacht and your sailing vacation in general. There you will have the possibility to state any comments you want regarding the Yacht’s condition and Seafarer’s service.
- The slip visa from the Refundable deposit will be returned and the blocked amount will be automatically released. In case you have caused damages on the Yacht or there will be any equipment missing, you will be accordingly charged. You may pay in cash the agreed amount, or via credit card at 2.7% extra due to bank expenses.
- Finally, if you want us to, we will arrange for you a Taxi or Mini Bus transfer to the airport or even a Daily Tour if you have an evening flight.
- We hope you have enjoyed your Sailing Holidays and that we will see you next Season again!